» About Us
The Nebraska Credit Union League is a not-for-profit, trade association that represents the interest of Nebraska’s state and federally chartered credit unions and their nearly 425,000 members. The League was organized in 1934, and more than 70 years later, continues to focus on helping our member credit unions succeed. Based in Omaha, the League is a dynamic organization that provides the following services to Nebraska’s credit union industry:
- Community Development - The League is focused on finding ways for Nebraska credit unions to serve the underserved markets in Nebraska, primarily low-income Nebraskans and small business owners. The League serves as a resource for credit unions that wish to become low-income or community-development designated in order to better serve underserved areas and consumers. Staff also promotes legislation and regulation that will help credit unions serve these communities.
- Legislative Advocacy - The League focuses on legislative advocacy throughout the year to help champion the credit union mission and advance the credit union movement. League staff, credit unions and their members hike the hill in Lincoln and Washington, D.C., each legislative session to speak with legislators about the importance of credit unions and the issues affecting our industry. Staff also coordinates events and fundraisers to help raise money for Credit union Political Action Committees, in order to support legislative candidates who support credit unions.
- Public Affairs - The public affairs department works closely with credit unions to disseminate pertinent information to the media and community about Nebraska credit unions. Staff also works on an annual Advocacy Campaign that targets legislators and consumers through radio ads, print ads and various other materials which emphasize the importance of credit unions.
- Regulatory Compliance - Nebraska Credit unions are heavily regulated by the National Credit Union Administration and the Nebraska Department of Banking & Finance. The League offers support and expertise to credit unions to help them understand and comply with these regulations. In addition the League offers professional products through League Compliance Services.
- Education - The League holds numerous professional development education events each year for Nebraska credit unions to help them learn more about how to best serve their members. The education department also organizes the Annual Convention, and administers a credit union certification program.
- Consultation - The League provides consultative services that help Nebraska credit unions identify goals, challenges and prepare for the future development of their credit union. The League consultant has a strong credit union background and offers personalized service.
- Affiliated Organizations - In addition, the League partners with several organizations to promote consumer financial education and provide a wide range of financial service
Please contact us to learn more about the Nebraska Credit Union League’s services.